A beautiful smile can make you feel confident. It is a wonderful thing to be able to turn to a camera and flash your pearly whites. Not everyone was born with a beautiful smile and over time wrinkles, stains and discoloring can diminish your smile. Your Mesa cosmetic dentist is your best resource in restoring your smile to its best brilliance. Here are 5 cosmetic dentistry ideas to quickly rebuild your smile and your confidence in front of a camera.
- Teeth Whitening: If your teeth have become stained or discolored the first step your Mesa cosmetic dentist may recommend is teeth whitening. By whitening your teeth your dentist can even out the color so that the teeth all look more similar and give you a brighter, whiter smile. Teeth whitening can be done in the dental office or at home depending on the course of treatment recommended. The whitening process provided by your dentist can be customized to your teeth and can help prevent gum irritation. This also gives you the benefit of having your cosmetic dentist supervise the process and your progress. Your dentist may also be able to use a stronger whitening solution than those available over the counter.
- Botox: Botox is a valuable tool used by your Mesa cosmetic dentist to help improve your smile. Botox can be administered by a properly educated cosmetic dentist to help lessen a “gummy” smile or improve the frown lines around your smile. This can help you feel much more confident. Denise Merdich, a nurse practitioner explains how Botox can be used to treat a gummy smile, “Botox works by paralyzing the hyperactive muscles in the upper lip, reducing its elevation. Just two injections and its done. But Merdich warns you to go to an expert who has been trained because, Merdich says, “Botox is an art and you have to know where to inject it, more importantly where not to inject it. So, just injecting the tiniest units can cause asymmetry, so one unit in the wrong place can cause a crooked smile for four months.” Botox can be incredibly helpful when utilized by a skilled and experienced professional.
- Bonding: If you are self-conscious about the space between your teeth your Mesa cosmetic dentist might recommend tooth bonding. WebMD describes bonding as, “Dental bonding is a procedure in which a tooth-colored resin material (a durable plastic material) is applied and hardened with a special light, which ultimately “bonds” the material to the tooth to restore or improve person’s smile.” This article also explains that bonding can be used to help correct stained or discolored teeth, cracked teeth, and can help to make teeth look longer. Bonding, while effective, can eventually wear down, stain or decay over time. The bonding process can be done by your Mesa cosmetic dentist, sometimes in just one office visit.
- Dental Crowns and Veneers: Dental crowns are custom made caps that go over your regular teeth and are sealed to the teeth. Crowns can be used to help strengthen weak teeth, correct discolored teeth and restore teeth that have been severely damaged. Dental crowns tend to be more expensive than bonding because the crowns are custom made to fit your teeth. The process also tends to take longer. You will need one visit with your Mesa cosmetic dentist to have your teeth prepped for the crowns and molds will need to be taken. You will usually receive a temporary crown while your custom crowns are being made. Once they are completed, it will take another visit to apply your custom crowns to your teeth. Crowns can be an effective tool to quickly rebuild your smile. Veneers are similar to crowns and are able to address the same cosmetic issues that dental crowns can. The primary difference between a porcelain veneer and a crown is the amount of natural tooth structure that needs to be replaced. Generally speaking, greater thickness of porcelain is needed for a crown. In order to place the porcelain crown, at least 2 millimeters (mm) of tooth structure thickness is needed.” It is important to consult with your Mesa cosmetic dentist and determine together which process would be most beneficial for you. Which procedure is best for you will depend on the condition of your teeth, if you grind or clench your teeth, how much enamel your teeth have and much more. Everyone’s situation is different and it is important you understand all your options.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are used to install a replacement tooth. “A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is placed into your jaw to hold a replacement tooth or bridge. Dental implants may be an option for people who have lost a tooth or teeth due to periodontal disease, an injury, or some other reason. To be a successful candidate for this procedure you must have generally good oral health, healthy gums and enough bone to support the implant. Taking care of dental implants is the same as taking care of your existing teeth. It is important to maintain them with regular brushing and flossing. You will want to work closely with your Mesa cosmetic dentist to determine if dental implants are an appropriate choice.
When it comes to rebuilding your smile you have lots of options. It is important to partner with your Mesa cosmetic dentist to choose the correct option for your specific situation. A beautiful smile is within everyone’s reach thanks to cosmetic dentists and the tools at their disposal. Be certain to work with an experienced professional to quickly rebuild your smile.